02 September 2008

Things to come

Well, I have no actual update as of yet. I do, however, have a few projects coming down the pike. I'm hoping that my lack of nicotine will encourage me to be more active in sewing. You know, keep me distracted, keep my hands busy. We'll see.

My fabric for the living room drapes should be at home when I get there. Jack has agreed to help me with the measuring and the cutting, as I am apparently vehemently opposed to straight lines. I also have some LaCoste pique knit fabric coming, along with some muslin, to make some pillows. I'm not sure how the knit will work, but i'm going to test it out.

I also ordered this: https://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=27ccdbc9-25a5-452d-9a1a-06de36f17ce8, to add to my living room. I'm thinking I might make it into a runner/cover for the cedar chest my grandfather made me. That way, if people sit on it, or put things on it, it will be protected.

When I arrived home from the beach yesterday afternoon, energized from 2.5 days of rest, I ripped out the curtains on the back window. Horrible heavy drapes. I hate them (they are identical to the ones in the living room) and feel wonderful now that they are gone. They went right into the trash, never to be heard from again.

In their place, I will be making roman shades (I think) to match the drapes in the living room. Whereas I feel that the front room really needs drapes/curtains/sheers/whatever, I think they are unnecessary in the dining room, that looks out to the backyard. I'll ditch the ancient miniblinds, I've already ditched the even more ancient drapes and pully system (whatever you call that), and in their places, nice simple roman shades.

So, there you have it. Plenty of projects. I also need to choose a fabric for the shades for the kitchen (also of the roman variety. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

No comments: