23 February 2009

Goodbye H.S.S.Q.

Well, the good news is that the quilt survived the washing, and the drying. Tonight, it will become the first item for sale in our Etsy shop. I need to take some decent pictures of it, write a description, and post it. I'm sorta nervous, and also, even though I'm not a huge fan of it, I don't quite want to part with it. But I'm going to let it go. And hopefully it will be the start of a lucrative venture.

In other news, I abandoned Roy G. Biv for now. Not necessarily forever, but the whole piecing of triangles is damn near impossible for me. It was too frustrating, and after having sewn and sewn, only to have to disassemble things, only to put them back together and still not work right, well, I couldn't take it. So, it is off to sit in the corner alone. Maybe it'll be revived one day.

Instead, I started another quilt, with another charm pack. The squares are already pieced. Now I just need a trip to Joann's to pick out sashing (gray blue), backing (maybe flannel?), and some binding (which will probably match the sashing). I even had the forethought to bring them with me today so that I will be prepared to stop by the store, and actually match things. I'm also looking forward to this quilt as it is a little more masculine, perhaps perfect for a baby boy.

No comments: