22 February 2009

The moment before the moment of truth.

So, I finished my second quilt.  I like to call it "Hawaiian Seventies Swinger."  I put it through the wash, on gentle of course, and it didn't fall apart.  It is now in the dryer, so I'm just waiting for it to dry and hope that it remains intact.  I'm crossing my fingers.  If it passes the test, it will be for sale this week.  Price is to be determined, but I'm thinking I'm gonna try it at around $80.  Afterall, it is hand made, and another like it will never truly exist.  Plus it's on the larger lap quilt size.  

Worst case, no one buys it, right?

In other news, I'm working on a zigzag quilt.  The piecing of it is tedious and traumatic.  It is not lining up exactly, and that is pissing me off.  I'm hoping that the details won't be so noticeable once I assemble it.  I'm calling it "Roy G. Biv."  You know, like the colors of the rainbow?  The quilt has some pink, and 2 shades of green, and does not have any indigo or violet, but regardless, I'm putting it together in consecutive color order, thus the rainbow correlation.

Pictures of H.S.S. will be posted as soon as it comes out of the dryer. 

No comments: