04 February 2009

Not to leave you hanging...

I got a new machine over the weekend. I thought about it, agonized over it, cried for it. In the end, my wonderful husband took me on a trip to buy a new machine.

After really thinking about it, and hearing that it was going to cost almost as much as I paid for the thing 2 years ago to service it, I decided it really wasn't worth it. The machine that I had was purchased on a whim, 2 or 3 years ago, when I decided I was going to start quilting. Nothing much came of it until recently, and really, I'm making it work harder than it can handle. Plus, I've really been using the machine a lot, so I figured a small investment would be worth it.

So, off to the store we went. The woman at JoAnn's tried to sell me one that was $600, and then one that was $450, and then told me that the cheapest one, at $350, would not make me happy. Even though I TOLD her I was looking to spend $200 to maybe $300 at the very top. So, off to target I went, and bought this, the Singer 7444. It is WORLDS better than that other piece of crap I was using, and I'm really excited to get to using it more. So, look out world.

I'm almost finished with the baby quilt for my friend. I just have to go around about half way to finish hand stitching the binding on. I think she'll love it. I'm really happy about it, it looks really good for my first real try.

I'm waiting on the proper foot attachment to finish the wedding quilt for my friends. And in the mean time I will be working on a baby quilt for my brother and sister-in-laws July arrival. I also need to find time to find something that I can make quickly enough, easily enough, and well enough to sell for our store.

So much going on, and this is only my sewing life!

I also have several pictures to post, but my computer at home and blogger don't always get along when it comes to loading pictures.

No comments: