19 August 2008

Is there even room for my handiwork?

I got the new hardware. I tried it out. It's not perfect, but it's definitely going to go more quickly with the machine than by hand. Also, my fingers shouldn't hurt so much. Unless I stab them with the machine, which is entirely possible.

I haven't made much progress. There's been no progress actually. I just tested out the walking foot, and that was that. Too much going on. Maybe I'll set up this week and see if I can knock it out. Although, after spending all day Saturday walking up and down 3 flights of stairs carrying a massive amount of stuff, I'm not sure they need to bring anything else into the apartment. I'm not sure it would fit.

Closets are already stuffed, couches filled, drawers filled to the brim. And they aren't even done yet. If you looked, you wouldn't even know they'd started unpacking. It's taken away some of the urgency I felt. And this is not a good motivator.

Still, I'm feeling more rested this week, so perhaps after dinner tonight, I'll see what I can do.

No comments: