15 January 2009

The Cold Weather and Yarn

Everytime it gets cold out, I start to have visions of being curled up on the sofa, a hot cup of tea resting on the table beside me, with a half finished blanket on my lap, and a crochet hook or knitting needles in my hands. The cold weather makes me want to create things with yarn, and so, often, I begin a project, or take up an old one. This has basically created a mess. I have more yarn than is appropriate, and I have more unfinished projects than I care to admit. I also end to buy new yarn everytime I start something new, because who wants to knit with old yarn?

I'm getting the itch again. And yes, I'm going to continue to sew, but when my eyes have gotten so tired they hurt from threading needles and examining stitches (hmm, maybe a magnifying glass would be helpful?), and I just want to curl up and not have to think about what I'm doing, crocheting isn't a bad replacement. I'd love to be able to knit, but I seem to get way too distracted and way too easily distracted to do a good job with it.

In the spirit of my new plan of conservation and not being wasteful, instead of buying new yarn, I will dig through what I already have, and start making something. It may not be beautiful, and it may be odd colors, but I will do it anyway. I'm sure I have something acceptable in those
bins.

Tonight, seeing how it's going to be really cold, I think knitting is in order. It seems like the kind of night that would be good for knitting. If only I had a wood burning stove to curl up next to.

No comments: